The Blackmud Creek Community League is extremely fortunate that MLC Land, a local residential real estate developer working in Allard, was generous enough to build an outdoor skating rink for the community. It can take community leagues YEARS to fundraise enough money for a rink, let alone other facilities such as a hall.
The rink features top-of-the-line construction materials, such as professional grade boards, floodlights, and a concrete playing surface base that makes flooding the rink much easier. We have also been able to use one of their trailers as a heated change facility.
Thank you MLC Land!
Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of similar questions and concerns about the rink. Please click to view our Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Allard Rink document.
You can pay a $2 drop in fee per person to skate or purchase a league membership. A membership includes skate tags. With those you can skate at any community league run rink in the City of Edmonton for free.
Get your membership here.
Keep in mind that the Allard Rink can be booked year-round, either for a single use or on a recurring basis.
We try to ensure that community league members can use the rink most of the time, so there are limits on rental hours.
The rink will typically be available for hockey team rentals in the winter, Monday - Thursday from 7 - 8 or 8 - 9pm.
The rink will typically be available for private bookings in the winter (birthdays, etc.) on Saturdays from 9am - noon.
Some exceptions may be made.
The rentals fees are $150/hour for hockey teams, $100/hour for non-hockey use in the winter (birthdays, etc.), and $50/hour the rest of the year (lacrosse, street hockey, soccer, etc.).
The general workflow of a rental is:
- 1. The renter sends the Blackmud Creek Community League Facilities Director the PDF with page 1 and 2 filled out electronically.
- 2. A meeting time and date is arranged.
- 3. The Facilities Director prints two copies of the agreement to bring to the meeting.
- 4. The Facilities Director collects the damage deposit(s) and payment(s) at the meeting.
- 5. The Facilities Director issues the renter a permit for the exclusive use of the rink on the rental date(s).
- 6. The pre and post rental inspection forms are filled out by the renter and the Facilities Director (or a rink attendant) for each rental date.
Hours of Operation
The rink hours are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 - 7:00 pm.
Family Skate Times
Family Skate times, where the nets are removed from the main rink and sticks and pucks are not allowed, are as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 - 10:00 am or 2:00 - 3:00 pm or 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 - 2:00 pm and 6:00 - 7:00 pm.
Four basketball nets were installed in the fall of 2018 at the Allard Rink to promote the rink being used as a multi-use facility around the year.