is on Facebook.
Find or like us there
for more information
about news and events
in our community.
We are the community league for the neighbourhoods of Allard, Blackburne Creek, Callaghan, Richford, Royal Gardens at Blackmud Creek, and Southbrook.
Rink Attendants Needed
The Blackmud Creek Community League (BCCL) is seeking positive, approachable, organized and hard working individuals for part-time rink attendant positions at the Allard neighborhood rink. The positions will involve planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks to meet the daily operational needs of the facility. Rink attendants will report to the BCCL Facilities Director.
Shifts will be from 4:45 to 9:15 pm on weeknights, 8:45 am to 2:45 pm and 2:45 pm to 9:15 pm on Saturdays, and 12:45 to 7:15 pm on Sundays.
- Opening up and closing the rink skate shack at the start and end of shifts.
- Clearing the ice surface by operating snow removal equipment.
- Ensuring that walkways and access points to the rink are clear of snow.
- Positioning hockey nets.
- Turning on and off outdoors lights as required.
- Enforcing the rules of the rink.
- Ensuring that the weekly rink use schedule is posted and followed, including any rink rentals.
- Verifying that all drop-in skaters have skate tags.
- Collecting drop-in fees from individuals that are not BCCL members.
- Selling BCCL memberships whenever possible.
- Informing the Facilities Director of any issues that cannot be handled alone.
- Making reports of any issues or injuries that occur while on duty.
- Overseeing the operation and maintenance of the skate change facility.
- Filling out pre and post-rental inspection checklists.
- Concessions sales.
- Maintaining records, such as a concessions sales log, memberships sales log, and attendance statistics.
- Other duties as required.
Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years of age and be willing to undergo a mandatory Police background check. Applicants must have a cell phone. Access to a motor vehicle for the purpose of getting to the rink for shifts is recommended. Current first aid training would be considered an asset.
Rink attendants will be paid $13.00/hour.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in applying for a position.
Vacant Board Positions
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Annual General Meeting on April 5th, 2016.
We have the following board vacancies:
- Programs Director
- Neighbourhood Watch Director
- Sports Director
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about board positions.
Community League Fact Sheet
This one-page document summarizes what we're all about and why you should buy a membership.